This month’s Track Of The Month is truly a gem, if we might say so ourselves! It predates Melody AM, and was long a hot candidate to be part of the album itself (Melody AM, that is). We could, however, not find space for it back then, but – with Track Of The Month and millions of hungry fans to feed, this is the right time for the track to shine…
Other intriguing trivia:
- The track is called Stronghold
- It was recorded on a demented Atari & an Akai s1000
- It was also recorded on an empty stomach
- Stronghold was one out of nine tracks on the infamous Jesudas LP which we gave out to friends around 1999. This highly sought after item (again – if we might say so…) contained 9 tracks that didn’t make it on to Melody AM.
- Jesudas was given a lot of praise in extremely closed circuits (mainly friends and fellow musicians) in fact, so much that a thirteen-track version also got made & thrown around town. This version, though, was released in extremely limited amounts only 6 CDs were made…
- Yes, all of the above is true.
misters B + B
P.S. Due to the “semi-unfinished” feel of the classic version, we took the liberty to completely rework the second half of the song in order to bring it to full completion. Also, we are not really sure if this should be track of the month for January or February. We have something in the works for February – but we cannot promise anything right now (times are getting busy again – and that’s a good thing).